Saturday, November 11, 2006

“Bright, sunny day” in “Purple America”

For a graphic view of the sea change that occurred in this week’s Congressional elections, here is a collage of three of Robert Vanderhei’s “Purple America” maps:

Although his choice of red, purple, blue match our notion of “red state” v. “blue state,” with a message of coming-together-purple, here is a simple Photoshop inversion that shifts to a blue-yellow dichotomy and provides a clearer view of the change we have just witnessed:

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelvin said...

Hello from New Zealand. I was searching the blog world when your blog popped up. I had a quick read of a couple of posts. Your blog is worth sharing, so I have mentioned it at #400 on my blog - Kelvin A Memory Always

Click on my name if you want to see my blog.

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home